Wurstfest: a month of sausage-shaped shenanigans – NSW VIC QLD
Bangers, snags, sausages and wieners of all shapes, sizes and flavours will hit the hotplate during a month-long Wurstfest that spans three states and Australia’s best known Bavarian clan.
From now right up until Thursday, 4 March a smorgasbord of sausage shenanigans will be on the menu at every Munich Brauhaus, Bavarian Bier Café and The Bavarian in NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
Bavarian restaurants include:
· Munich Brauhaus: The Rocks in Sydney and South Wharf Melbourne.
· Bavarian Bier Café: Bondi, Chatswood, Entertainment Quarter, Parramatta, Miranda and York Street in Sydney, Eagle Street Pier in Brisbane and Broadbeach on the Gold Coast.
· The Bavarian: World Square, Manly Wharf and Westfield Penrith in Sydney, Westfield Knox in Melbourne and Westfield Chermside in Brisbane.
Twenty different sausages will be available for the month-long event, including beef, chilli and chocolate; beef, Vegemite and cheese; a two-foot Bavarian wiener; and the ‘hottest sausage’ incorporating a mix of pork and habanero. Choose two limited-edition sausages (customers can mix and match) plus a choice of two sides for $25, or a Wurstfest Sausage Platter of five snags and a selection of sides for $69 (serves two).
Each limited-edition sausage has been matched to a Bavarian bier, so guests can get a hops hit alongside the wurst flavours!
Sausage champs who smash the two-foot wiener, plus two side dishes, within a minute will score a limited-edition sausage pack to take home.
Take the Sausage King challenge: try five limited-edition sausages and drink five 500ml steins of Bavarian bier during the month to score a Sausage King T-shirt and go into the draw to win a Weber BBQ.
What would be the wurst fest you could imagine? One without a party, right?
Wurstfest will celebrate with the inaugural, annual Wurstfest Sausage Party at key locations on Saturday, 24 February.
The line-up includes:
· 12pm: the ‘biting of the sausage’ to mark the opening of this momentous day in snag history.
· 2pm-5pm: Big Bavarian BBQ. Grab a sausage sanga, house salads and sauces for $12.
· 3pm: Sausage dog costume parade with dog treats and a $250 bar tab up for grabs.
· 6pm: Sausage eating contest win a $200 bar tab for demolishing the most snags in five minutes.
· 8pm: Sausage-inspired challenges and a party until late.
Wurstfest Sausage Party locations are Munich Brauhaus Sydney and Melbourne, The Bavarian Knox and Manly and Bavarian Bier Café Eagle Street Pier.
More information, menu and bookings: wurstfest.com.au/
**Information and Images Courtesy of Bavarian restaurants/Rockpool Dining Group – Rachel Lebihan
The Australia Times News
Editor GOURMET – Food/Wine/Events
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/tatgourmetmag/
Wurstfest: a month of sausage-shaped shenanigans - NSW VIC QLD Beef, Mushroom & Garlic on hot dog bun with fries and sauekraut Bangers,... https://theaustraliatimes.com/?p=49335